Saturday, July 26

And So It Begins

After stumbling on Steve Pavlina's blog, I too like many others was enraptured by the art of napping, and strangely enough, I find myself ready to begin with my own little polyphasic sleep experiment. This is one of the rare cases in which my curiosity overcame my laziness, and after toying with the thought for some weeks and reading about the matter in other blogs in various languages I decided to start my own one, in hope that it will prove easier this way to adapt to the schedule thanks to the additional willpower boost that it'll hopefully give me, which I think will be definitely needed.

I know that if you're reading this you probably already know all about polyphasic sleep, but I still feel obliged to write something about it: to make a long story short, you nap six times a day every four hours for 20-30 minutes, as good Uberman told us. Yes folks, do the maths and you find yourself with only 2-3 hours of sleep per day and, to top it off, with increased concentration and reflexes. At the beginning it's hellish difficuilt to not oversleep and to strictly follow the schedule, but after a while you should start getting cool dreams and feel like never before.

Scientifically speaking, it's a matter of getting your body to adact to shorter sleep cycles in order to attain the all-important REM sleep as soon as possible: and by having six REM phases a day you get more of them as you would with the 90 minutes cycles of monophasic sleep.
There could be more to say, but I don't feel like that's really the issue here.

As I already wrote, I was inspired to try this by reading Steve Pavlina's blog; now it's just a matter of seeing if your average seventeen years old guy can accomplish what some sort of healthly superman did.
My reasons for trying? Prolonging my summer holidays is good enough, plus I get to try and become a little less lazy by having more time at my disposal.

Alright then. My (hopefully) last 6 hour monophasic night should help me getting through this first "polynight". I'll probably write my next entry in early morning, to keep me occupied...
That's it for now, thanks for following.

No comments: