Wednesday, July 30

What a little luck can't do

Hi there, folks. If you notice the writing time of this post you may think I was finally successful in taking my first nightly nap; well, that's not really the case.
I had prepared everything: three alarms, and my grandmother to check on me at 11:30 PM. At 10:30 I was already in bed, sure that I would manage to get asleep in half an hour...

But then of course thing's didn't go quite as planned when I noticed I couldn't get asleep no matter how tired I were, thanks to noises coming from the TV downstairs but probably mostly out of habit. So at 11:30 I was still awake, had to change alarm settings, my grandmother came and took the alarm clock for her because she needed it next morning; so I found myself without the best one out of the three (the others are on my cellphone and my DS).

At this point I was getting so tired that I just shut my cellphone off after my DS "gave up" on its own, and tried to sleep normally. Well, I must have succeeded around late midnight, but then suddenly a stroke of luck: I woke up at four, after having a vivid dream. I took the chance and now here I am; with only little more than three hours of duration this can be considered as some sort of core sleep and therefore should not prevent me from taking my daily naps. I'll take the next one at 7 AM, hoping that this time I'll be able to follow my schedule more easily and closely. Even if I don't actually feel very tired... That's probably due to having slept for roughly 180 minutes, which equals to two complete sleep cycles in monophasic sleep.

On a side note, the dream was about me stealing a big television at school and the FBI being suddenly after me... I still managed to outwit them and get safely home though ;) I'm watching too much Prison Break lately I guess. But how could I carry the TV around while hiding it from view? Maybe I had an inventory...

No comments: